In anticipation of our Stop by Sunday on July 10th, I’ve asked each of our featured vendors, to share some wedding wisdom with you! I was so excited to read Elizabeth and Ryan’s guest blog post below – and agree 100% with all of their advice. Read, learn, love!
A few weeks ago I turned to Ryan and said, I think we need to write a book. We need to share all of these life lessons we have learned from being a part of so many weddings! So, when Allison asked us to share a little something on her blog, we figured this is the perfect place to start! Maybe a book will come later! ;) Thanks Allison for the opportunity to share…
Advice from photographers: A few things we think every bride and groom should know before their wedding day.
1. “You are unrepeatable. There is a magic about you that is all your own…” – D.M. Dellinger Your wedding day is YOUR day! Forget about what everyone else tells you to do. If you want to get married in the morning and hold the reception in the evening, do it. If you want to have the most spectacular candy bar ever at your reception, then by all means do it (don’t forget the sour patch kids) ;). This is the one day that all the attention is on you. Make it your own. Make it a day you will never forget.
2. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life” – Omar Khayyam Time goes a lot faster on your wedding day… seriously, the clock moves with an extra beat! When planning out your wedding schedule, be sure to build in extra time for things like traveling from the venue to reception and grabbing a bite to eat before walking down the aisle. Most importantly, be sure to build in at least 5 to 10 minutes just to take it all in with your new husband/wife. Often, the day flies by so quickly that brides and grooms don’t get a chance to truly soak in the moment that they are married. Our recommendation, build in a few minutes immediately after the ceremony just for you and your new spouse to take a private moment, breathe and relax, hug each other, and soak in the fact that you are married!
3. “Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground. Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it.” – Peterson Surround yourself by incredible people! When planning your wedding, choose wedding professionals to be a part of your day that you want to be surrounded by… especially when choosing your wedding photographers!!! Other than your wedding planner, your photographer is the one wedding vendor that will be with you the entire day. Be sure to choose vendors you connect with, share values with, and who are fun to be around. The better you fit with your vendors the more relaxed and fun you will have on your wedding day.
4. “Life is what happens while we are making other plans.” – Allen Saunders Don’t sweat the small stuff. Weddings are such a whirlwind of activity and excitement. Something is bound to go differently than you originally planned. However, 99% of the time, you are going to be the only one to know that something unexpected happened. If something does occur, just take a deep breath and go with it. Have FUN!
5. “What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?” – Unknown Think outside of the box! Dream about your dream day and then make it happen! Ask for assistance… reach out to wedding professionals to help you along the way! I can’t speak for all wedding professionals, but I know that we LOVE talking weddings… especially when we are able to help make someone’s dream a reality!
Or come meet them in person at our event…this Sunday, July 10th from 1pm to 3pm. Just RSVP to email@example.com. See you there!