As I was working on this craft project for the twins’ Valentines Day party at school, I thought it would be the perfect DIY project to share with all of you. It’s such a cute little gift to give to a friend, child or even teacher. And, I figured I would share it now, so you can work on them this weekend! :) Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at Allison Barnhill Designs!
What you will need:
1 1/2 inch clay pot
1 1/2 inch styrofoam ball
green shred or basket fill
craft glue (styro glue or tacky glue)
round, flat lollipop
pink, red or purple cardstock
glue stick or glue dots
What to do:
1. Take a small amount of paper shred/basket fill and roll the shred in your hand to make a small ball. Set it aside with clay pot and sytrofoam ball.
2. Put a line of craft glue around the middle of the styro foamball and place into the clay pot.
3. Cover the top of the styrofoam ball with craft glue and place the rounded shred onto the top of the styrofoam.
4. Press down the shred into the glue and tuck ends into the edge of the clay pot
5. Draw or print a double sided leaf shape onto the green cardstock.
6. Draw or print a heart shape onto the pink/red/purple cardstock. You can even handwrite a note or love note to your Valentine!
7. Cut out the leaf shape and heart
8. Glue the heart to the back of the lollipop until a glue stick or glue dots. Put glue or glue dots on leaf shape and fold around lollipop stick and glue together.
9. Push the lollipop stick into the middle of the flower pot and into the styrofoam ball
And, now you have the perfect Valentine to share with your special someone! Enjoy!